Sunday, October 21, 2012

ALL TIME Halloween Favorites

So I was talking to my sister today and she asked if I was going to do my annual Halloween party. “Sadly, No,” I told her and she was kinda shocked I wasn’t doing it. (She lives in Pennsylvania) Not that she would have come anyways but….

I am kinda sad because this season really gets my creative juices flowing. I have done some REALLY awesome things in the past for Halloween Parties and so instead of throwing a party this year……I’ll show you some of my NEW Halloween fun I’ve been up to and then take a stroll down memory lane to some of my favorite Halloween Ideas I’ve done in the past. Some real ALL TIME FAVORITE HALLOWEEN CLASSICS!DSC_0010EZBurn Due to my husband being in school, we have a desk area so he can study and the kids can do their homework. I made it my MAD Scientist area. Poison bottles, a few old books, and a hand dyed paper diagram of a skeleton inviting anyone to come and study…. by candlelight. MmmmWAHhahahahahaha

DSC_0042VignetteDSC_0006Sharpened

Doesn’t everyone need to weigh out their frogs before they do a spell?

DSC_0004Lightened

and have a striped wall full of witch’s brooms at-the-ready!?!!!

DSC_0019EZBurn

This was my spell book I made for invitations two years ago…it was the beginning to a great Witchy Party….which I also spray painted wingback chairs to flank the fireplace…Yeah..it was that cool of a party! (I’ll share some pics and links in just a second) This year I put my spell book by the front door so that you know when you show up here, you are in for a “SPELL”! (can you hear witch’s cackling in the background?)

DSC_0014sharpened

The Mandy Mirror looks awesome and makes this floating ghost (stiff cheese cloth) reflection even spooookier!

Now for some CassandraDesign.blogspot.com HALLOWEEN CLASSICS…

DSC_0200

I painted this Black and white Owl chair for my Halloween party last year…you can check it out here. The chair ended up as a Halloween chair when a fabric painting incident happened. It turned out awesome! Totally worth hand painting. (The person that bought it at my yard sale before we moved was thrilled to be buying it! I am glad it went to a good home!)

Last year was a Mad Scientist Themed Party.DSC_0227

I even made lab coats for my skeleton party favors…..Yup, it’s official…I LOVE Halloween and when your skeletons are going home from a Mad Scientist Themed Party, they need Lab Coats!   ( I am a Laboratory Scientist in Real Life and I had WAY too much fun sewing them lab coats, although it took like 5 prototypes until I figured out a pattern)

DSC_0284

Lab Skeleton Halloween Party Favors

DSC_0226

This was a side dish at the Mad Scientist Party….Jello in Petri Dishes.

DSC_0246

And plastered the front window with X-rays….so that all the lights coming from the party illuminated a Mad Scientist Glow!

DSC_0229

I’ve sewn black shredded drapes for the windows and entryway.

DSC_0513

The year before the Mad Scientist Party, I had spray painted these wingback chairs purple for my Witch Theme. I even added the black shredded drapes to create the “Masterpeice Theatre” with two wingback chairs flanking the fireplace, look. You can see how I painted them Here.

DSC_0490

Yep, I really did spray paint them…and yes, I still have this one and it gets softer every year.

DSC_0190

Since I was going for a witch’s themed Halloween Party, I added some fun décor, like this ornate frame with a free-hand painted sillouette of  a witch.

DSC_0167DSC_0283

I even hung some lanterns that I had rewired to be plug in lights (originally outside house lights) and added flicker lightbulbs. They were awesome! You can see them lit up Here.

But, one of my ALL TIME favorite invitations was my witch’s spell books. Yeah, people were pretty excited to get these invitations (my friends tell me that they put them out every year for Halloween Decorations….I love that!) You can see how I made the Witch’s Book of Spells HERE.

DSC_0391

Witch’s Book of Spells Halloween Party Invitations

DSC_0382

The inside was the “SPELL” for the invite and a potion bottle full of Purple Candies. They turned out WICKED cool!

Wow, what a fun walk down memory lane. Oddly enough it doesn’t make me want to hurry and throw a Halloween party together for this year. Probably because I don’t have anything planned for a party and all of our friends that came every year (some drove over an hour every year to come because they had moved away) are back in Utah. It wouldn’t be the same, although hopefully by next year, we will be ready for our Annual Halloween Party with some new friends (don’t worry, you Utah friends are still invited! A little more than an hour drive! LOL)

Until then.  MaWaaaHaaa hahahahahaha…(thriller’s evil laugh at the end of the Michael Jackson song) Ha ha hahahahahahaa….

Happy Halloween Everyone!!

CassySignature2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails