Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Together Mantle

DSC_0142

I finally get around to showing you my winter mantle and now I am changing it for the next holiday. Maybe, the next time a holiday is impending….. I will show it a little earlier. Well, here’s for wishing. (Ha Ha…we’ll see do better next time).

I love the word “Together”. This word spells LOVE for me for and is very Valentine’s ish. It speaks of love with it’s meaning but, doesn’t just spell the word L-O-V-E. The most important thing for me is being together with my family. Man, I love them!!DSC_0136

These letters I bought a long time ago, painted them black and then covered with a basic grey paper line that you can no longer get. Although I am sure you can find anything on eBay these days, if you’re willing to pay for it. Then to finish the letters I added felt flowers, ribbon and brads.

DSC_0133

The wood hearts were painted black. I added black glitter to one, bead board painted red and the largest heart covered in scrapbook paper. I used mod podge to adhere all of the paper.

DSC_0137

My Mantle is now decorated for Valentine’s. It’s fun, simple and yet I am glad I have a mantle big enough to fit the word “Together” (hopefully our next house will too Smile). The word “together” has JUST EIGHT letters. LOL Good thing there is no holiday for supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Wow,now that would be a mantle display!

CassySignature2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails