Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Harlequin Dresser/ Side Table


This side table was really interesting to do. I had so many ideas it was hard to narrow it down to what I did. I found a great design that I loved and went with it. The side table base is black with: cream, tan, brown, antique brown and silver. These colors would look great anywhere!



This antique dresser was so cute. It's hard to see but, the top has a wave on the front and it goes in where the keyhole is placed. The harlequin design was handpainted! I crackled the ivory to give it some added texture but, the harlequin design isn't perfect...and that's the way I wanted it to look. So, it was a little nerve wracking to do the design by hand. The fleur de lis hand pulls were perfect to add the right touch. I found a key that I hung on the drawer pull for added character that matches the keyhole on the top drawer. This antique dresser has great design and the side board peices add so much! The back still has a old sticker that shows that it was shipped by railroad, I love added details!









These were fun to do!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails