Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Chalking

DSC_0194Contrast
Searching for Spring quotes has been fun and makes me want to see the green grass and tulips poking through the soil. I decided that even though there is still snow on the ground, I would change my chalkboard to help spring come indoors even if spring is a few weeks away, outside.
DSC_0125DSC_0128
I designed the Longfellow saying for my chalkboard with fonts and swirls in photoshop. I almost chose the saying by Percy Shelley, “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” But, after seeing the longfellow quote done by a few others, I chose to mimic miss mustard seed’s cute chalkboard from a few years ago. I went with the Longfellow quote. It speaks spring to me! Then using my handy, dandy craft projector I chalked out my saying.
DSC_0133DSC_0131
I pulled out my vintage chalk and used my water technique to get the super crisp, white lines of the chalkboard. (water technique: dip your chalk into water and it will go on really light but, as it dries, it comes out really white and bright. So, have a small cup of water around to dip your chalk into)
DSC_0192Contrast
I freehanded a birds nest, tree branch, flower and pendant around the “all it’s birds” to create a little distinction between the phrases.

DSC_0195Contrast
Happy Spring Everyone! (even if it’s a few weeks away outside)
DSC_0194Contrast
CassySignature2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails