Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Painting, Painting & Friends

The first part of painting the girl's room was taking the stripe from a beige to a white. I painted this on saturday because on Monday...my good friend Katie was coming to help me paint. She LOVES to paint and is a great friend to boot!! The BEST!! I am so glad that she wanted to come help with my painting idea...I get tired easily and knew what I wanted but, didn't know if I had the energy to do it. Thanks Katie...it was fun painting, talking and catching up!! The kids had a good time too!
Next was RE-taping....now that the white stripe was dry..we taped on the white to be able to paint the light aqua blue color. It is the yummiest color!
While the blue was drying....onto MORE taping and then painting the hot pink stripe.
I wanted the pink to be a small stripe to bring the color in. I painted one on the top and bottom of the white stripe. I am reconsidering the top stripe...it looks TOO....TOO....Uh...Predictable! So, I think I might paint it back white. Any suggestions?
This is what it would look like if I took out the top stripe...instead of just cropping the photo to not include the top stripe. A little pink, just not so predictable.
Now onto the artwork above the crib and finishing the stripes around it. You can see in the corner picture of the room that I haven't finished one wall's stripes because I was waiting on the artwork but, I am ready to get that finished. I can't wait to show you the entire room done. Just need to finish a few things...
Cassy Final

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I love these colors! Tooo cute! Maybe get rid of the top line, and put one closer to the bottom one? maybe? what ever you do, it'll look great!

An Ivory Beauty said...

I like it. I think both lines gives it a finished look!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Call me predictable - but I like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails