Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Light Splendor

The kids were really helpful with the tree this year. I sat on the floor and added the metal hangers to all the balls and they would come get them as fast as I could put the hooks on. They were so careful about spacing them, which is a HUGE difference from year's past where only a few limbs were decorated heavily. I love that they were into decorating this year...they were really helpful. I love spending time together as a family!
The Christmas tree fit perfectly in its spot this year. We picked a tall, slender christmas tree. Every year we go and cut our own up on the mountain. This makes the tree really fresh and it's only $10 for a christmas tree permit. Plus it's a family adventure that the kids remember all year! 
I love our Christmas tree this year! The tree reaches all the way to the ceiling making it 9 feet tall! It is SO beautiful all lit up at night. It is so soothing to sit and listen to christmas music after the kids are all tucked into bed and enjoy the light splendor and it is one of my favorite things to do this time of year! A great way to relax at the end of a day!
So pretty all lit up! 
After the kids went to bed I set up the camera and tripod and took some pictures of the splendor. 
This is the mantle all decorated for Christmas. I find it interesting that I never decorate the same year-to-year. You can check out last year's decorations HERE. I have almost all the same items yet it's always different. The only thing I bought at all were the green spiral metal things for the Christmas tree to add movement. That really is the only thing I added to my christmas collection of stuff this year.
I just love it all lit up! 
Last year I didn't have drapes up on both sides of the mantle so I tied this tule around the drapery rods and hung huge ornaments. I finally got my 9 foot drapes up this year(floor to ceiling) and I didn't want to take them down.(I just put them back up after taking them down for Halloween) so I put the tule and ornaments on my kitchen window. I already had the tree limbs hung with a little greenery so adding the tule was easy and then just had to hang the large red ornaments. 
The kitchen window looks SO festive this year! 

This is one of my favorite things to do...turn off all the lights except the christmas lights and enjoy the splendor. I love this time of year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails