Monday, October 12, 2009

Home is where you Hang your Broom




This sign is a one-of-a-kind because I made it out of a dresser front. The drawer is curved and is flat on the ends. So, I had to add the wall attatchments to the ends. The knobs are curtesy of my friends bathroom remodel. The retro green and orange bathroom was pretty "RAD" but in need of an update. So, I inherited the glass orange knobs. They are sooo cool!! Just not in that bathroom!! The knobs allow you to hang brooms from them.
I sat the sign on the mantle so that I didn't have to put holes in my wall. But, you could see the broom and how it would hang down. So fun!!













This picture is to try to show you the curve of the sign. The paint is a pumpkin orange base with a pitch black glaze over the top ragged to help show movement and texture. The routing design around the sign was part of the existing drawer. I love changing things into something exciting and new!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails