Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Finally BOY BENCHES!!

These two pictures look the same but, if you look closely you will see that they have different back cushions on them. They both have the blue color in them but, they are a little different. The plaid has a little red, yellow and sage green with the blue.


This bench has stripes of green and blue with cream. It looks a little more sophisticated just because of the pattern of the fabric. The plaid one is a little more fun. But, I really can't decide which one I like better....I really like them equally. Boy, I sound like the mother of twins. Actually now that I say that, these really would be perfect for twin boys. They are similar yet unique in their own way. But, I can sell them seperately.




These are the two benches side by side. They are so cool!! Each Unique yet so cute!!

I am posting about one of my favorite projects to finish ever! I just made two almost identical benches kinda by accident. I actually found a bed that had the exact headboard and footboard. I also had two crib ends SO....... I made two almost identical benches. I havn't made any boy benches yet and some people have been asking when am I going to do boy benches. SO, the wait is over...here is not only one...but two!! I love how the bench seats are identical but, the back cushions are different. If someone is dying to have them identical...I do have enough fabric to do identical plaid benches but, I like that they are similar but not identical.




These boy benches really were neat to do. The star detail was added because on the pink (girly) bench it had long rails. This one is more solid so I had to add the star holders to attatch the pillows to the bench. This little detail really adds such a cute element. It might be one of my favorite parts about the bench.
I don't know if I'll make many more children's benches because they are a lot of work and I don't make very much on them. So, if you are interested let me know. These are one-of-a-kind and I can't duplicate them again (Hee Hee I just made a funny....I made two of these....that really was coincidence that I could find parts for back and sides the same. ) Every bench is unique and original.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails