Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving Harvest

IMG_0179_WarmItUp
Our Thanksgiving was simple and my decorating stayed pretty simple too. I had decorated so much for Halloween, it was a nice little break before Christmas. My fun project for this season was designing my own copper German Glass Glitter letters for the mantle.
IMG_0181_WarmItUp
The letters were the perfect way to finish the mantle!
IMG_0138IMG_0139
My “harvest” letters I designed and cut with scissors out of chipboard and then glittered in copper German glass glitter.
IMG_0141
I finished them late one evening and snapped this pic. They made me giddy with delight! They were so pretty and even prettier in person. The pic doesn’t do them justice!!
DSC_0679_edgeBlur
I found a vintage print of turkey’s at a framing store for $1. I used vintage hangers to keep it from rolling up and to have some way to hang it on the wall. The vintage print (Someone had given the framing store a box that had belonged to their mother, a framer, and she wanted them to go and be used by another framer, so the store was selling any print for $1, which was a score for me!!) Wild Turkeys, yes please! Thanksgiving pictures are hard to find and these vintage turkey’s I loved and my husband even appreciated them (he has gone hunting for wild Turkey’s but hasn’t gotten one yet)! Maybe next year we’ll have our own wild turkey for Thanksgiving.
IMG_0175_Warmer
I chalked this Autumn saying and loved how it came out!
DSC_0693
I finished my decorating by Chalking an few chalkboards, and called it good! Let’s give thanks!
CassySignature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails