Here's what I've been up to....projects to finish the boy's room!
Some items from the boys room just weren't working with the color scheme and needed a little more color. This old window had been filled with pictures of the boys together when they were little. I love the photos but, the gray/white color of the window wasn't adding anything to the black and white photos.
So, I used the paint color from the blue dressers to help the black and white photos stand out!
As soon as I got out my paint, my daughter got out her water colors. I guess someone might like being creative like me, YEAH!
This little quart of paint has been worth it's weight in gold. I am using it for all of the accent peices(dressers, drapery rod, corbals). This way I can have them match but, they are all unique peices which make them all different yet coordinating.
I had this drapery rod from a street find a few years ago. I am reusing it from the family room at the other house. I needed the holders but, must have left them at the other house. I found new ones for twelve dollars at hobby lobby but, didn't have a coupon so I just couldn't bring myself to buying them. I went to the local thrift store and found these beauties for a dollar a peice. Love a good deal!
A little paint and they are custom and ready to go!
The next thing was to hang the old window/picture frame and to re-hang the "brothers" letters.