Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Polka Dot Tall Chair


This chair I found in the clearance section of an antique store many months ago. My children love taller chairs because they don't have to sit on their knees at the dining room table. I wanted a really fun kids chair that would match my kitchen. So, I first spray painted the chair candy apple green. This is the color of my walls in the kitchen and I thought it would be fun to have an accent chair that matches. I wanted to add some whimsy to the chair because it is a kid's chair. So, I decided on polka dots. I wanted the polka dots to be green and yet the base color of the chair was green so I had to put on my thinking cap to come up with an option. I found these round stickers in the office section of walmart and bought them to create my polka dots.So, this is like trying to create a reverse polka dot. What will be left will be the green polka dot after it has been painted with ivory paint. If that makes any sense... LOL. I just peeled and stuck the stickers where I wanted a polka dot to show up. Then painted over all the stickers with an ivory color. Then I waited until the paint was tacky and peeled up the stickers. This was a little time intensive but, when I see an idea in my head...I do anything to acheive the look I see in my head. It really didn't take too long and I only had a few touch ups where it bled a little...probaby where I didn't run my finger over the sticker completely.
Then I added a few (actually ALOT) layers of sealer. I knew this would be a chair that my children sat AND ate on...so it needed some protecting. The kids love the chair and it's becoming the new favorite chair.

This chair has been a fun addition to our kitchen chairs. The kids love the heighth...just right!!


1 comment:

Mela said...

Oh my gosh! So, so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails