Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Valentine’s Chalkboard

 
DSC_0116-1_edgeblur
I love Valentine’s! Not really for the night out on the town….let’s get real…as a couple, we’ve never been big on going out for Valentine’s because we usually celebrate at home with the family. Sometime close to the date, we usually will go out for lunch or dinner…. Something, just the two of us.
DSC_0087-1_edgeblurDSC_0089-1_edgeblur
It’s a special time of year for our family. Our son, Jacob was born/passed away the day after Valentine’s and we celebrate all the love he has brought into our lives! Some years it’s been a sad reminder of all we’ve lost but, we are celebrating with love and happiness this year!
DSC_0095-1_BlurEdge
 
I used the image from graphic’s fairy. Here is the link to the Bee.
This bee is divine. I saw this “Bee Mine” design on a chalkboard on the this blog. At My vintage window , she had free-handed the chalkboard using the graphic’s fairy bee image. I used the idea from my vintage window  and made me my own “Bee Mine” chalkboard. Love great design!
The crown is hand sketched and the MINE lettering is in the font EcuyerDax.
Bee Mine
This red frame had an ugly painting inside. Instead of replacing the painting (it’s nicely finished into this frame) with a chalkboard, the ugly painting was painted over with chalkboard paint right on the ugly painting. Quick and easy way to make a painting into a chalkboard. It’s not as solid when you are chalking but, it works great!!DSC_0082-1_edgeBlur
Because one chalkboard just isn’t enough, I had my other chalkboards to change to Valentine’s chalkboard. I saw a fun light bulb/quote on pinterest that I pinned over a year ago. I was willing to try and make it chalkboard art.
DSC_0124-1_edgeBlur
love has a glowing effect
I instantly loved this light bulb quote and knew I wanted it to be one of my Valentine chalkboards and then I could decorate with my vintage light bulbs. Love!DSC_0144_edgeBlur
I absolutely loved how it turned out!!
DSC_0139_Edited
The lightbulb was really fun to make look like a glass bulb. I just kept shading until I thought it looked like enough. I just Love the message….Love really does have glowing effects!
DSC_0132-1_edgeblur
Happy Valentine’s Day!
CassySignature2
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails