Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stair Stepped Black & White Gallery Wall

DSC_0028-1My black and white wall has evolved over the years. It started with just a few frames and has continued to be added to over the years. I love adding my favorite snap shots of the family. I’ve added new pictures with each new baby because I can’t bear to take out my other favorites. So…the gallery wall keeps growing.DSC_0027-1
I love that it fills the large space that goes up the staircase wall. It fits perfectly!!DSC_0033-1
DSC_0034-1DSC_0036-1DSC_0128 BEFORE2012-06-13 22.41.08
I used 3M velcro removable picture hangers. NO NAILS!! I am sure my homeowners will be happy about that!! I love that I don’t have to fill holes!2012-06-13 22.41.33
I added the letter “T” in even before it was finished. I needed it spaced right.
DSC_0298
I took the letter “T” and painted the edges black and then mod podged some black scrapbook paper with French writing. I was going to take one of my letter T’s from my alphabet wall to add into my stair stepped black & white wall but, decided that I needed one that was black to fit into my black & white wall. So…I had to make my own.
NOW…..for old time sake…..lets look at how the B&W gallery wall has evolved…..
nichole's house and projects 014
Our first home in Utah. These were the first frames I ever bought. (2006)
GROWING...Evolving...
 DSC09787
I could only find this photo of when we first moved into our 2nd Utah home taken on a Sunday morning when the kids were making up their own rules to old maid. You can see that I hung the pictures and then we realized that the tv needed to sit on the black buffet. So, it had to be rehung. It has definitely evolved over the years.
DSC_0103_edited-1
This gallery wall went all the way to the ceiling. The ceilings are 9 feet tall so I thought I had a lot of frames but, I had to purchase five more small ones to finish my stair stepped black & white gallery wall. It’s fun to see how it’s transformed over the years. I love black and white photos and they are classic that will never go out of style.
NOW to this……
DSC_0031
I love my gallery wall how it looks on the stair wall! It was the perfect place to hang some of my favorite memories…..where I walk by everyday and get to see them up close, all the time!
DSC_0025-1
CassySignature2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails